In addition to the printable lesson, this resource may be used for distance learning with EASEL by TpT.
The lesson engages students with an icebreaker opening game of “Two Truths and a Lie” and culminates in a writing task that imitates the style of a standardized assessment. Additionally, this lesson incorporates all strands of the Common Core English Language Arts (ELA) Standards.
This 20-page “Paired Passages” product includes the following:
- explicit lesson plan with identified Common Core ELA Anchor Standards
- pre-reading guide and sample annotation passage
- poem texts
- rereading strategy handout
- literature web
- poetry analysis graphic organizer
- Venn diagram
- literary analysis prompt
- short literary analysis essay rubric
- answer key (includes detailed responses for all activities and a sample essay)
With its detailed instructions and samples, this resource would make an excellent lesson for a substitute if you will be out for a couple of days.
Meaningful and Memorable English Language Arts by ©OCBeachTeacher
All rights reserved by author.
Limited to use by purchaser only.
Group licenses available.
Not for public display.
There are no reviews yet.